Give Back. Inspire. Serve.Email Volunteer Services Volunteer Application/Agreement
If you’re driven, passionate about helping others and would like to make a difference in our community, why not volunteer at the Miami‑Dade Public Library System? It’s a great way to gain experience, build your resume and support your local library branch. Students can also earn community service hours toward their graduation requirement.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Shelving and organizing books and magazines
- Assisting in the library office
- Sorting donated materials
- Assisting with preparing arts and crafts materials for Children’s programming
Opportunities and availability vary by location. Please check with your local branch for more information.
Upon completion of your volunteer hours, you will be provided with a letter acknowledging your service.
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Parent/Guardian signature for those under 18 years of age
- Branch Manager approval
- Please note that court ordered volunteer work cannot be completed at the library.
How to Apply:
- Contact the branch you’re interested in to ask about available volunteer opportunities and schedule an appointment to meet with the Volunteer Coordinator or Branch Manager.
- Submit a completed Volunteer Application/Agreement. Photo identification is required.
- Once accepted, you will be contacted by email to schedule and complete Miami‑Dade County’s fingerprint‑based criminal history records/background check. You will not incur any costs associated with the background check.
- After successful completion of the background check, you will be placed at your branch of interest.
Volunteering with the Friends of the Miami‑Dade Public Library
Friends of the Miami‑Dade Public Library hosts an annual book sale at the Main Library to raise money for programming and other library enhancements. Volunteers are needed to sort materials in preparation for the book sale and to help during the four day event.
For more information, please call 305‑375‑4776 or email email@example.com.
Volunteering with Project L.E.A.D.
Help adults learn to read and change their lives! Become a Project L.E.A.D. (Literacy for Every Adult in Dade) tutor. The program assists English speaking adults with low literacy skills by providing free, one on one, confidential tutoring to help them improve their reading and writing skills. Free tutor training is provided.Information About Project L.E.A.D.