Library Card Sign-Up Month
Library Card Design Contest for Teens
September 7 - 26, 2020
From reading to learning to exploring new hobbies, how will science and technology impact the future of libraries? Show us how you envision the library of the future by creating a unique library card design. The winning design will be reproduced as a special limited edition library card and made available at all Miami‑Dade Public Library System locations. Prizes will be awarded!
Don’t have a library card?
Apply online today for an eCard and get immediate access to our online library!
Contest Entry Rules
- Theme: Library of the Future
- Participants must be 13 to 19 years of age and hold or obtain a Miami-Dade Public Library System library card. Don’t have a card? Visit ecard.mdpls.org to sign up and receive one via email.
- All artwork must be the original work of the participant and can be created digitally or by hand.
- Limit one entry per participant.
- A copy of your entry must be submitted electronically to email@example.com by midnight September 26 in JPEG or PDF format and must be no larger than 2mb.
- The email submitted must contain the entrant’s name, address, phone number, email, branch, school (if applicable), and the following language for electronic certification:
- "I certify that the design submitted is mine and is completely original and does not violate any copyright laws. I grant the Miami-Dade Public Library System (MDPLS) permission to use my name, creative work and visual image in its publications without recourse."
Dimensions & Instructions for Our Digital Artists
Overall Card Size: 3.4375” x 2.25”
This is your overall work area including necessary bleeds.
- Image Area: 3.125” x 1.875”
All important information and the design must be kept within this area.
- Library Card Size: 3.375” x 2.125”
Actual size of the card once die cut.
Scans, Images and Photos: Must be at least 300 DPI at actual size if used in your design.Download Contest Entry PDF