Visited Pages :
101 West Flagler Street
Miami, FL 33130
Become a Miami-Dade Public Library System Volunteer!
Some volunteer opportunities include:
- Shelving / Shelf Reader / Clerical Assistant
- Computer Coach / Trainer
- Children’s Programming Aide
- International Art of Storytelling Festival Day
- Community Outreach
- Friends Book Sale
- Project L.E.A.D. Adult Literacy Tutor (additional training required)
To volunteer you must:
- Be 16 or older.
- Make a 3 month and / or 50 hour commitment.
- Complete a Volunteer Application by
- Visiting a branch, check for a branch location nearest you
- Download a Volunteer Application
- Call to request an application by mail.
- Attend a one time Volunteer Orientation Session
(available once a month)
- Successfully pass a fingerprint and background check. The Library System will cover the cost of fingerprinting.