101 West Flagler Street
Miami, Florida 33130
305-375-5295 Fax: 305-679-7701
Become a Miami-Dade Public Library System Volunteer!
Some volunteer opportunities include:
- Assisting in the library office
- Mending books and other materials
- Shelving books and magazines
- Greeting patrons at the door
- Helping patrons access the library’s computer resources
- Assisting the Children’s Librarian
- Teaching an adult to read
- Hours and work locations are flexible
To volunteer you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age or older
- Complete an Adult Volunteer Application – Applications are available at any branch, check for a branch location nearest you or download an Adult Volunteer Application or call to request an application by mail.
A fingerprint requirement must be completed before applicant can be placed. The Library System will cover the cost of fingerprinting.