lunteer Services assists volunteers and potential volunteers in orientation, placement and training.
- To give back to the community
- To help others
- To feel good
- To build your resume and gain job experience
- To better understand your library, your community and yourself
Some of the jobs volunteers include:
- Assisting in the library office
- Mending books and other materials
- Shelving books and magazines
- Greeting patrons at the door
- Helping patrons with the library’s computer resources
- Assisting the children’s librarian
- Teaching an adult to read
Hours and work locations are flexible.
Step 1: Are you eligible?
- Adults: Candidates must be at least 18 years of age or older.
Step 2: Complete a Volunteer Application*.
Volunteer Applications are available:
- At any branch library. Click here for a list of library locations.
- Click here to download either an an adult volunteer application.
- Call or e-mail Volunteer Services to request an application by mail.
A fingerprint requirement must be completed before applicant can be placed.
101 West Flagler Street
Miami, Florida 33130