||Loan Period *
||Item Limits **
|DVDs / VHS
|CDs / Cassettes
||10 per provider
||1 hour (in library only)
||7 days (from time of check out)
||Determined by lending library
- Circulating materials not available at your branch library can be requested and delivered to any branch library.
- A notification will be sent when the item arrives at your pickup branch. It will be held for five days, not including days the branch is closed.
- Requests can be made in a branch library, by calling a branch library or through the online catalog.
- There is a limit of 25 active holds per library card.
- Select items that the library does not own may be requested through the InterLibrary Loan program for a minimum fee of $2.
- Items will be automatically renewed on the day the item is scheduled to be returned if there are no current hold requests from other customers. The maximum number of automatic renewals is six.
- Tablets, laptops, museum passes and materials needed to fill patron requests will not automatically renew and should be returned by the specified due date.
- You may manually renew eligible items by logging into your MDPLS account from our website or MDPLS iLibrary mobile app, or calling 305‑416‑4880. You may also call or visit any of our library locations.
- Customers with expired library cards and/or fines of $20 or more will not be able to renew materials and will have their library card privileges temporarily suspended until the card is renewed and/or the fines are resolved.
Lost or Damaged Materials
- Cardholders will be charged replacement costs for any lost or damaged materials as well as for materials that are returned incomplete.
- The Library will accept replacements for a lost or damaged item with an exact match (format and edition).
Confidentiality of Library Records
Florida Statute 257.261 provides that all registration and circulation records of every public library shall be confidential information. This information can only be given to properly identified cardholders. Questions regarding this or other library policies should be directed to your local branch.